Sheffield Doc/Fest is a world leading and the UK’s premier documentary festival, celebrating the art and business of documentary and all non-fiction storytelling.
Operating in the heart of UK, we’re a hub for all documentary and non-fiction content across all platforms, from feature length to shorts, and including interactive, augmented reality, and virtual reality projects.
The Festival comprises:
- Film programme of the very best in international documentary screenings;
- Alternate Realities for innovation in interactive , augmented reality and virtual reality projects;
- Talks & Sessions with high profile speakers, to inspire, inform and debate;
- Marketplace for international business, delegations, pitching and training;
- Social events and networking;
- All Year screenings, talks and training outside of the festival period.
Across all of its programmes, Doc/Fest gives guests the opportunity to explore documentary within one unique, six-day festival experience.
Every year, we’re proud to connect thousands of creatives with industry players in a nurturing environment, resulting in the discovery of new talent, new collaborations, and new commissions for cinema, television and online.
We host a festival experience that is creatively inspiring, and the place for pioneering and innovative filmmakers, ideas, projects, debate and thinking – as well as for business, pitching and training.
Sheffield Doc/Fest welcomes over 32,700 Festival goers each year, including over 3,500 industry delegates from over 60 countries.
These are the LGBT films on offer, an impressive selection!!! And, a significant nod to the 50th anniversary of the decriminalisation of homosexuality...with some extremely rare screenings!
The full 2017 programme can be found here
And, these are some of the films that we've got our eye on...