Google Geocoding API error: You are over your quota.
Reelout exists to celebrate queer media arts and to contribute to community vitality by programming materials that focus on issues of sexuality, race, culture, religion, class, gender, ability, health and age, thereby purposefully drawing together and initiating challenging dialogue among disparate members of the queer communities in Kingston and the surrounding area as well as between the larger Kingston community and the queer community.
- Access to artistic work that would otherwise not be screened in Kingston;
- A forum to engage in discussion and debate on issues relating to the
practice of film and video making as well as issues relating to the queer community;
- A celebration of Kingston’s diversity and an increased awareness and understanding of the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, two-spirit, questioning and intersex communities;
- Exposure to a broader range of Canadian and international media arts that include short film and video, experimental work, documentaries, and independent feature films;
- Diverse and financially accessible programming of independent film and video;
- A unique community event that draws disparate members of the community together through a common appreciation of quality cinema