- Director: Penny Lane
- Producer: Lori Cheatle; Gabriel Sedgwick; Nickolas Hasse; Nicolas Luna
Is this really Satanism? They expelled one member for being too satanic! Hilarious.
Apart from the few plastic-horn-wearing buffoons, this is serious stuff done with tongue-firmly-lodged-in-cheek...how Lucien Greaves keeps a straight face is testament to his professionalism...and, committment.
These 'satanists' are not the Hammer House of Horror pentagonal occultists of yesteryear...these people are political activists who demand - quite rightly - the [definitive and permanent] separation between Church and State. Their arsenal: Symbols!
How clever is that! There's nothing quite like a satantic symbol [or two] to raise those christian hackles...and, by god/lucifer, are those hackles raised. Again, hilarious.
The Satanic Temple advocate - by way of peaceful protest and their seven fundamental tenets:
- One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
- The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
- One's body is inviolable, subject to one's own will alone.
- The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.
- Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
- People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.
- Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.
Not exactly devilish, is it? Quite the opposite...no wonder the christian fundamentalists are up in arms and arming themselves against this [noble] attack on everything they hold dear...all The Satanic Temple are doing is exposing the hypocrises and contradictions between [their] scripture and practice. For example: Love thy neighbor as thyself. Hilarious...what would happen if a christian and a satanist lived next-door to each other...bashed by a bible!?!
Penny Lane's film is an unexpected surprise, a thoughtful and entertaining one at that! Do not pre-judge, go in with an open mind...and, unless you are a radical [christian] fundamentalist, you may well be enlightened...one thing is for sure, a whole new perspective will open up before your very eyes.
To Hell with satanic panic...it's those christians we need to worry about!
Devil worship, blood rituals, and human sacrifice; the classic presumptions about Satanism is turned upside down by The Satanic Temple, who have increased in size, popularity, and influence since the beginning in 2013. With their controversial and provocative symbolism, the community fight for the religious freedom and democratic rights of all humans. Hail Satan? premiered at Sundance earlier this year, and immediately became a festival hit. Look no further for an entertaining and thought-provoking documentary which takes you deep into a very singular grassroots movement.