The LA Queer Film Festival celebrates LGBTQ+ filmmakers, writers and stories from around the world. We will be accepting submissions from LGBTQ+ IDENTIFYING DIRECTORS, WRITERS, MAJORITY LGBTQ+ CREW (at least 50%) and/or LGBTQ+ STORIES of ANY GENRE.
There are SIX Award Categories for Feature Films:
Best of Fest, Best Foreign Feature, Best Direction, Best Screenplay, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Ensemble.
There are THIRTEEN Award Categories for all Films under 30 minutes:
Best of Fest, Best of Fest: Short Short, Best Foreign Film, Audience Choice Award, Best Direction, Best Screenplay, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Ensemble, Best Animated Short, Best Music Video, Best Web Series, Best TV Pilot.
ALL Films are eligible for the Kickass Original Filmmaker Award.
LA FILM FESTIVALS - LOS ANGELES, CA - Submissions Rules
LA FILM FESTIVALS and LA QUEER FILM FESTIVAL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to or from LA Film Festivals.
1. All Films must feature work produced by LGBTQ+ filmmakers, writers and their stories. We will be accepting submissions from LGBTQ+ IDENTIFYING DIRECTORS, WRITERS, MAJORITY LGBTQ+ CREW (at least 50%) and/or LGBTQ+ STORIES of ANY GENRE.
2. Film Entrants must submit online screeners through filmfreeway for consideration.
3. Entry forms and payment will not be processed without accompanying Preview Copies in one of the accepted formats for film applicants.
4. All entries must be in English or - SUBTITLED, DUBBED, unless special arrangements have been made with festival.
5. All films selected for screening at the festival grant LA FILM FESTIVALS the right to use stills and excerpts of up to two minutes for promotional purposes.
6. LA Film Festivals is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged entries.
7. Exceptions to the festival regulations must be authorized by one of the Festival Directors.
8. Multiple entries are permissible, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate Entry and fee.
9. Submissions will not be returned.
10. All fees are nonrefundable.
11. Submission to the festival is not a guarantee that your film will be screened.