Queen Palm International Film Festival is a bi-monthly film, music, and screenwriting competition with a live Annual Screening & Awards Show Event in Palm Springs, California. QPIFF honors films from around the world with a vast array of awards in different categories and genres. Our mission is to discover diverse new voices & to promote artists’ work through numerous platforms.
Each edition, Filmmakers can submit their projects to have them judged by award winning industry professionals against a high standard of merit and compete with other filmmakers across the globe. Every submission can add numerous additional judging categories, but MUST submit to a MAIN CATEGORY to be considered for addtional consideration. Please include the names being credited in your cover letter.
All bi-monthly winners receive a stunning certificate & laurels (We award Gold, Silver, & Bronze in each category, as well as Honorable Mentions) and all of our Gold winners are automatically entered into our Annual Competition & Awards Show Event held in beautiful Palm Springs, California, where they will compete for a chance to win a prestigious Queen Palm trophy and other amazing prizes.
Our jury will select a collection of top films from our monthly editions to screen at our Live Annual Event.
We are an Official IMDb qualifying festival. This means that all winners may add the awards to their IMDb titles.
All bi-monthly winners will receive a stunning two-sided certificate (in PNG/JPG), ready for print, as well as beautiful winner laurels. We award Gold, Silver, & Bronze in each category, as well as Honorable Mentions. We also award the best films of the festival with our "Royal Gem Diamond Award" Certificate.
All Gold Award Winners in each category are automatically entered into our LIVE ANNUAL AWARDS EVENT in Palm Springs where they will compete against all Gold monthly winners in their respective category for a chance to win a Queen Palm Trophy and other amazing prizes.
QPIFF offers a wide range of categories & awards.
*The 3 Gold Winners of our Screenplay Competition (Best Feature Script, Best Short Script, & Best TV Script) will receive an InkTip Script Listing to promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s global network of producers, managers, and agents. Every InkTip producer has been vetted via resume and references and demonstrated the ability to get movies made. Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, ICM, Paradigm, Paramount Pictures, Hallmark Channel, FX, Universal, WME, Echo Lake, Zero Gravity, Bad Robot, and 20th Century Fox.
*Our "Royal Gem" Screenwriter Winner will also receive a digital download of Final Draft 11, the brand new edition of final draft.
*Our "Royal Gem" Film winners will receive a 3 Month iPitch.tv Membership, a next generation platform for creators of original pitches for TV, Film & Digital Media to connect directly with Hollywood Producers and Studio Executives.
--- OFFICIAL SELECTIONS & AWARDS (bi-monthly) ---
Best Feature Script
Best Short Script
Best TV Script
Best Music Video
Best Microfilm (Under 5 minutes)
Best Feature Film - Drama
Best Feature Film - Comedy
Best Feature Film - Action/Horror/Mystery/Thriller
Best Feature Film - Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Best Feature Film - Animation/Experimental
Best Feature Film - Family/Faith Based
Best Feature Film - Sports/Inspirational
Best Feature Film - Documentary
Best Feature Film - Foreign
Best Feature Film - First Time Filmmaker
Best Feature Film - Love is Love (LGBT)
Best Short Film - Drama
Best Short Film - War/Military Drama
Best Short Film - Comedy
Best Short Film - Mystery/Thriller
Best Short Film - Action
Best Short Film - Horror
Best Short Film - Animation
Best Short Film - Social Awareness
Best Short Film - Silent/Experimental
Best Short Film - Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Best Short Film - Love is Love (LGBT)
Best Short Film - Family/Faith Based
Best Short Film - Sports/Inspirational
Best Short Film - First Time Filmmaker
Best Short Film - Dance/Fashion
Best Short Film - Foreign
Best Short Film - Student
Best Short Film - Young Filmmaker (Age 17 and Under)
Best Short Film - Documentary
(Under 65 minutes)
Best Web Series/TV Pilot
Best Original Song
--- ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION CATEGORIES & AWARDS (bi-monthly) ---
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Young Actor (5-17)
Best Young Actress (5-17)
Best Sound Design
Best Visual Effects
-Queen Palm offers two types of Official Selections as detailed below.
-Comprised of all projects that receive top scores from our jury. These selections will receive our Royal Queen Palm Crown laurel and are eligible for nominations & awards. These projects will also be listed on our website and social media.
-Comprised of all projects that have excellent technical and creative elements, but do not garner enough jury points for nomination eligibility or award eligibility. These selections will receive a smaller Coronet Crown Laurel and will be listed on our website and social media.
* We are looking for diverse filmmakers & compelling, unique stories. Films can be in the form of narrative (fiction), music video, documentary (non-fiction), trailers, or animation. Projects must be extremely high-quality and polished.
* All films must include English subtitles (unless the spoken language is English)
* Although QPIFF does NOT Screen films to the public in our bi-monthly Editions, Our jury does select a collection of top films from our monthly editions to screen at our Live Annual Event.
* The entrant can submit as many entries as they want, however you must submit to a MAIN CATEGORY to add ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION. PLEASE NOTE: Submitting to ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION does NOT guarantee a nomination. You are simply asking the jury to take an extended look at said category.
*Submissions can include scripts, feature films, short films, web series, and other additional consideration categories. With or without notice, a category may be removed from consideration at any time.
*Previously entered projects CAN NOT be re-submitted.
*Scripts must be submitted as PDF files in the proper screenwriting format.
- Short Screenplays may be a minimum of 2 pages and a maximum of 45 pages.
- Feature Screenplays may be a minimum of 46 pages and a maximum of 140 pages.
- TV Screenplays may be a minimum of 25 pages and a maximum of 130 pages.
- We request that the TITLE of the screenplay and WRITERS NAME both be listed on the title page.
*No Discount Code can be used to SCORECARD or REVIEW Category.
By submitting your film, take note that:
- You agree to use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster/screenshots) for promotional purpose. We upload some of the winners' trailers & key artwork in order to promote the films.
- You must own all the rights to the video.
- Fees are not refundable.
Queen Palm International Film Festival does not accept the following:
1. Amateur or Pornographic videos
2. Extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organizations
3. Films which are made before 2015
4. Films with a poor production standard (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, low video resolution less than 1080p HD)